Thursday, December 21, 2017

The sword in the stone


Arthur was panicking, what would he do now? Naked in the woods, with nothing except for the mighty sword Excalibur. You all know the tale, he pulled the sword from the stone, the sword that would make the wielder king. Well, that's what they thought.
Apparently the prophecy had been misunderstood.
The real prophecy was not: "He who pulls this sword out of the stone, shall be king of England."
But: "he who pulls this sword out of the stone, shall be ruler of England."

The person that wrote the prophecy down had just not considered the possibility of a female ruler.


There she was the new Queen of England. After he transformed in front of everyone he got disrobed and dishonored by her angry people. Alone in the woods. She started crying, "Oh, I should never have touched that sword."
Until she heard a voice: "Why are you crying boy?"
"Boy? How do you know I am a boy?", said Arthur, all confusion.
"I know many things. Don't spill your tears. Rather cover yourself with my cape and come with me, I might be able to help you out."
Arthur smiled and accepted the man's gift. 
"What is your name", he asked. 
The old man smiled. "My name is Merlin."
To be continued?

4 comments:

  1. will there b more coming soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will! Don't worry :) Just didn't have too much time with my exams... But it's almost over so, more stories will come soon!

      Delete